I recently created a hair clip animation for the Conair corporation. I rarely do hair animation and the hair tools in 3D Studio Max are pretty complex and kind of crappy. So I used poser to create the hair and body. The hair is actuality textured geometry that I manipulated using FFD’s.
The hair clip was a fairly simple model but the rig was a little tricky to create. I built a bones rig for the clip and applied stretchy bones to the mid section. This would give the mid section a rubber band effect so the hair clip would stretch around the hair. Animating the clip to the hair was a little tricky, but I got to work. Pretty happy with the overall results.
Back in June 2012 I created this piece for T-Mobile of the Galaxy S III. They provided the model of the Galaxy S III for the animation. I was tasked with texturing, rigging, and animation of the device. WDCW worked on the post production of the piece.
I spent about a month producing this piece for T-Mobile. I modeled the phone, speakers, and did all the animation. Rendered using Mental Ray. The textures on the phone are actually pictures taken of the prototype. I seamed them all the together in max. Wong Doody did all the post production. It was a lot of fun creating the animation. This will be broadcast nation wide at all the T-Mobile stores.
Here some images I created for the T-Mobile Carly/Ducati campaign. The Ducati was purchased on Turbosquid. I created the Carly model in Poser 7 then imported it into max 2012. I then unwrapped and textured the models. I used the new iRay rendering engine in max for rendering. Works great with the new CUDA cards from NVIDIA. I just installed a new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 card in my BOXX workstation. It’s bad ass.
For this project I had the opportunity to create a 3D version of Carly and the Ducati motorcycle. I used the 3D model for storyboards and the video below. All the 3D was created in 3D Studio Max 2012. Wong Doody did the post production work for the piece.
I completed this animation back in 2009. Its kind of cheasy but it looks cool. Overall it was a difficult animation to complete. I had to skin a body, a muscle system, and a skeleton to one rig for animation. I then rendered each one seperatly and comped them in After Effects. I was very pleased with the end results and the client was happy too.
Hunter the fan company needed an animation to showcase their new top of the line air purifier. The goal was to show how the air purifier can destroy airborne bacteria, mold, and even dust mites. The challenge with this animation was the amount of particles I had to create. I think there was over 10000 particles. I turned out pretty well and the Hunter company was very pleased.
While working at Argosy Medical I was assigned a project for The History Channel. They needed an animation of the Palms Casino building being built from the ground up for a TV show called Super Tools. I had a week to create the animation and I was supplied with only one image. It was tricky becuase I had to create the building from nothing. It was a very stressful week.
In 2007 I was offered a contract position with Nike. They wanted me to produce an animation showcasing their new top of the line soccer ball called the Aerow 90. On release they changed the name to Total 90 Omni. Nike provided a CAD model of the ball and a texture map. In production I created several versions of the ball for the close ups, fly in, sweet spots, layers, and spin. The soccer dude on the field was a model from Nike that I rigged up for a simple turn animation. I pulled everything into After Effects CS3 for post production. I didn’t care much for the music but Nike liked it. My favorite part of the animation was the layers peeling back from within. I used Mental Ray for all the texturing and lighting. It was a challenging and fun project to work on and it also looks good in my portfolio.