• Over 17 years of professional experience in 3D animation and design.
Associate Degree of Applied Arts, Computer Animation/Multi-Media Design
The Art Institute of Dallas, 1996
Starfire Animation Seattle, Washington October 2010-Present
• Provide 3D animation and post-production services for retail, broadcast, and social network gaming companies.
• Produce animated scenes and vignettes that demonstrate product functionality and usability for the consumer market.
• Develop 3D interactive gaming animations for mobile devices
Smith and Tinker, Bellevue, Washington March 2009-October 2010
Senior 3D Animator
• Handled all aspects of 3D modeling and animation for the game Nanovor and Nanovor Evolution.
• Built 3D models of characters and environments, designed custom character rigs, IK systems, and facial rigs
• Created 3D episodic content for promotional videos showcasing the game
• Worked with the development team to integrate 3D assets into Nanovor utilizing the Unity game engine
• Managed and maintain relationships with outside creative vendors
• Managed animation pipeline to ensure on time release and integration of deliverables
• Trained junior animators and serve as a 3D mentor to other artists and development team
3FX Inc. , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania November 2007- 2008
Senior 3D Animator
• Produced hi-end 3D animations for the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry. Tasks included building models, texturing, rigging, and animation for device and MOA animations. Assisted in post production and special effects.
Argosy Publishing, Newton, Massachusetts April 2003-October 2007
Senior 3D Animator
• Created unique, high-end 3D modeling and animations for the healthcare and biotech fields. Produced animations for training courses, broadcast TV, and multimedia. Set up scenes that involved bones setup, inverse kinematics, or character studio. Handled all animations that require complex character movement or characters interacting with a prop.
• Lead animator for two-minute Kimberly-Clark Integuseal Applicator world broadcast advertisement. Animated human hand with props, animated skin cells being affected by Real Flow particle system. Rendered animation using V-Ray.
360 Training Inc., Austin, Texas August 2000 – August 2001
• Developed customized e-learning modules for continuing education and business certification programs utilizing 2D animated Flash vignettes and streaming audio/video presentations.
• Supervised three artists and two programmers on a regular basis.
Microprose Inc., Austin, Texas August 1996 – June 1998
• Built 3D models of buildings, furniture, and environments. Designed textures and set up lighting for the gaming environment.
• Sketched characters and designed storyboards.
• Modeled and animated characters for Guardians: Agents of Justice and Civilization III.
• Autodesk 3D Studio Max 2012
• Adobe After Effects CS6
• Adobe Photoshop CS6
• Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
• Mental Ray
• Next Limit RealFlow 4
• HDR Light Studio 4
• Certificate of Merit in Animation at the 2006 Associate of Medical Illustrators Meeting
• Award of Excellence in Animation at the 2006 Healthcare’s RX Club Show
Jordan Weisman, Chief Creative Officer & Founder, Smith & Tinker, Inc.
managed Coleman indirectly at Smith and Tinker
“Coleman was a wonderful addition to our art team at S&T. His broad experience with both 2D and 3D art and animation allowed him to contribute extensively in a wide range of areas. Coleman’s determined work ethic made him a strong central pillar of the team. I would be pleased to have the chance to work with him again.” November 17, 2010
Chris Klimecky, Executive Producer, Smith & Tinker, Inc.
managed Coleman indirectly at Smith & Tinker, Inc.
“Coleman is the kind of guy you love to have on your 3D art team. Whether it’s environments or characters, stylized or realistic, modeling or animation, he has a great creative eye and technical skill to get high quality results no matter what is asked of him. He also has such an easy going personality and his sense of humor make him someone you just enjoy working with every day. Highly recommended.” October 9, 2010
Krista Leemhuis, Art Lead, Smith & Tinker, Inc.
managed Coleman at Smith & Tinker, Inc.
“Coleman is a guy you want on your team. Beyond being an excellent 3D modeler, rigger, animator, UV mapper and video editor, the cheer he brings to the workplace makes him invaluable. I was privileged to work with Coleman for over a year at Smith and Tinker, and in that time he played a critical role in building and/or managing most of the 3D assets for the game. He quickly and efficiently handled any task given to him, and was a great resource for any questions about how the 3D assets needed to be created or manipulated. Were I to find myself in a position to hire him or work with him again, I absolutely would. I sincerely hope you will consider making him part of your team!” October 10, 2010
Bert Oppenheim, Director of Creative Services, Visible Body
managed Coleman at Argosy Publishing
“I had the pleasure to work with Coleman for many years, I found him to be one of the more creative and skilled animators that I’ve art directed. He always took on animation challenges that really brought our medical animations to that next level.” October 20, 2010